Saturday, September 24, 2011

What kind of Disciple are you.........


Been thinking a lot lately about being a Disciple and just what Jesus had in mind  when He spoke these last words to the Disciples.

Matthew 28:19-20 (The Message)
“Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."



I guess a couple of things really stand out to me.
  •  Train everyone you meet in this way of Life
  •  Instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you
Jesus of course,  had in mind something intentional but,  I could not get away form the thought that I am indeed training everyone I meet. I am instructing them in a practice of life. BUT, whose Life? Did you ever hear the comment “what you are doing speaks so loud I can’t hear what you are saying”? What a sobering thought! People are watching us as we live our lives and yes, some are following us. We may not even be aware but none the less, they are following.

So, the question we must ask is pretty simple. Does the Life I am living before them match the message that comes from my mouth. Or another way to say it is “does my Life look like what Jesus had in mind?”

I look in the mirror often and ask myself...”Does my walk match my message? and if people follow me where will I lead them?”

Have you looked in the mirror lately?  They are following......

Essential Reading for every Man
Healing The Masculine Soul
By Gordon Dalbey

No comments:

Post a Comment