The fact Paul uses marriage as an illustration to make his point seems to cause some confusion for many. The passage is not about marriage, but about deliverance from the Law and performance to meet it’s demands. I hope this short preview will compel you to study the chapter and ask Father to show you it’s true meaning and application for your Life.
Here are some clues for your study
- Romans six is about freedom from our sins
- Romans seven is about deliverance from the law.
- We are as powerless to acquire freedom from the Law as we were to find freedom from or sins.
- Why are there two husbands and one wife mentioned
- Soak in verses two through four....what is Paul saying
- Romans seven teaches us that not only were our sins dealt with at the cross but, we as sinners were dealt with as well. Compare Galatians 2:20. You might call this “Two sides” of the Cross.
- This is about the time we start thinking ...WOW, I need to do something for God because He has done so much for me..... and this is where The Law captures us.This begins a cycle of trying to “DO” the will of God, “Failing”, “Trying” harder and then failing again.
The Normal Christian Life
By Watchman Nee
Or, you can just Google it and find several Free PDF Versions.