Friday, December 9, 2011



 Some things I am learning after Fifty Years of Marriage......
 Our Anniversary is actually Sunday December 11. However, I will not be playing with my Blog or Face Book that day. Thanks for visiting now!





It is not about me:
Marriage is a “Team” Sport. If the “Team” doesn’t win, nobody wins

Mary is my sister before she is my wife:
Sounds strange I know but, “think”. Now, that means that every thing Jesus expects of us toward other Believers, He expects toward our Mate. That makes Marriage a great place to “practice” the Christian Life.

If you both always agree on everything, one of you is not necessary:
God gave us the capacity to think, reason and choose. He also gave us different likes and dislikes. So, there are times when our individuality should and will show up. Two people who always agree is a “Sick” relationship. Scripture says we become one....not which one?

Love covers a multitude of sin....
Pure agape love just causes one to overlook some things just because you love the other party.

Love keeps no records or lists:
The greatest paradigm shift for most people who experience our Two_Day Training is that they really never understood forgiveness.

Learning to love like Christ loved the church is impossible in the "natural or flesh":
What I have discovered about this is I just need to “Stoppit”. I can’t do it but, Christ who is my Life will do it through me if I allow Him to.

You must keep your eye on the ball:
Keeping your eye on “the ball” or maintaining your focus and connection prevents “turnovers” .....Yep, just like in football. Bring your best to the game and don’t be distracted by what may be going on the sidelines or in the stands.

Forgiveness is not for me:
Most people think forgiving is giving the other a “free pass”. NOT SO, forgiveness is for you. It puts you in a position to restore, be restored.

Leadership is a privilege and a responsibility:
Husbanding is perhaps the greatest responsibility in the world.

The most difficult person to lead is Me:
Keeping my eye on the ball with my relationship with Jesus is the first step...

Discipleship begins at home:
First your wife and then your kids....

The ground is level at the foot of the cross  I Peter 3:7:
There are no “Big shots” in Marriage. We are each new creations IN Christ. Righteous, Holy and Blameless IN Him. 

There is so much more to say and so little space to say it..........

1 comment: